Wednesday, October 28, 2009

New Morning Routine

Somehow, moving to our new house brought on a new morning routine for the ladies of the house. While the girls eat their breakfast, I sit with them and drink my coffee and we watch music videos on you tube. I'm not sure how it started but I'm sure it had something to do with Matea's Michael Jackson addiction.

Sometimes I take requests and sometimes it's "Mama's choice". The other day, I played Pink's "So What" and the girls were singing "Na, na, na, na, na, na we're gonna start a fight!" all afternoon. Very nice.

This morning, Matea requested Darius Rucker's "Alright". That's Hootie...as in, "The Blowfish". Anyhow, I love that song and really wish I had never seen the video. He looks a lot thinner than the Hootie I remember and somehow, he's actually aged since I first heard of him when I was in high school. How dare he!

Matea is a total music buff. She remembers voices fairly well and knew that the same lady (Cyndi Lauper) sang "Time After Time" and "Beautiful Colors" (I keep telling her it's "True Colors" but she won't have it). Maybe she'll grow up and be a band geek. Yay!

No comments: