Sunday, October 14, 2007

Ahhhh, this is the life.

































































Up until the last year or so, I really didn't appreciate living here. Yeah, the low crime, good schools, awesome weather have always been on my mind, but since I'm not really a beach person, I never really appreciated living by the ocean. But after a night like last night, and seeing how much fun the kids have out there, it's hard not to feel incredibly lucky. I mean, how many people can see the ocean from their house and have their feet in the sand five minutes after leaving home? We picked up dinner on the way there, ate in the back of the Explorer, and then spent hours playing in the sand, chasing birds, sitting by the fire and roasting marshmallows. As some German (or were they European?...that's a joke for Lena) tourists nearby shouted "Marshmallows!" in their super thick accents, it finally hit me that we're amazingly lucky to live in a place where people from all over the world come to visit. I'm not positive, but I may have officially given up my dream of moving to North Carolina and having a bunch of land, not really working but just leading a really simple life where we exist through bartering with neighbors for services.

No comments: