Sunday, June 15, 2008

Genius



My grandpa was right, Bella is a genius. Ok, maybe not a genius but she does love to write and in general, really likes to learn new things. Yes, she watches her fair share of tv, but I think it's very balanced with books, art, and pretend play.

Anyway, she's been spending 2-3 hours everyday writing notes to her friends and has even learned to spell her friend, Hannah's name without any help from us! So, now she can spell her name, Papa, and Hannah all by herself. One morning, she decided to draw pictures of animals and then asked me to tell her how to spell them. She did all of this just by me dictating the letters to her, not me writing them and her copying them. You can see she definitely needs some work on her "s", but Steve and I were both really impressed.

No comments: