Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Important Notes

-Matea slept in until 9:30 yesterday. When she woke up, she couldn't believe I was dressed. I guess it's been a lazy summer.

-We went to Ross to buy the girls some new school shoes and I got Bella the cutest little girl high heels which she will never wear to school. As a result, we're going school shoes shopping at Kohls today.

-I'm having my hair highlighted by a former beautician friend tomorrow. My home dye job isn't strong enough to cover the grays anymore and I'm hoping some lighter highlights will confuse people. Is that gray? Or is it blonde? I wanted to do one pink streak but my mother made it clear she didn't approve. Someday, I will do it to test her.

-One week from today, Bella will be a first grader. She'll be inter-mingled with all of the other big kids and I will probably have to take anxiety medication for a few days.

-I did a masssive clean up/purge in the girls' room yesterday. At the end, I was left with millions of tiny little things in the bottom of a basket. I did a quick scan for anything important like game pieces or puzzle pieces and then dumped it all into the trash. I consider that my greatest accomplishment for the day.

-Steve and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary last week with a pink champagne cake from Madonna Inn (Steve's request). As Steve was cutting the cake and serving the girls a piece, he smashed it in my face. I was shocked and laughed hysterically. Apparently, not getting to do that 10 years ago at our wedding has really bothered him.


No comments: