Wednesday, June 03, 2009

The Graduate









Today was Bella's Pre-K graduation. And I didn't cry. I teared up this morning when I saw her all dressed up and excited about her big day. And I teared up again looking at the pictures of my big girl. But, I didn't embarrass myself and cry at the ceremony.

Grandma and Great Grandma were nice enough to drive two hours each way, just to come to the ceremony and then have a little celebration afterward at our house. We gave Bella a special dress to wear today and also gave her the camera she's been earning money for (we picked up the tab on her balance due). Tatey dressed up for the occasion and spent the whole ceremony saying, "I can't see Bellaaaaaaaaa". Bella spent a lot of time smiling at the crowd, waving to her family, and striking her best princess pose.

We're both sad about this year being over because it really was great. She had absolutely wonderful teachers and made some really great friends too. But now that I'm working part-time, I'm really looking forward to a slower pace this summer with far less running around.

No comments: