Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fashion Critic

When I got dressed this morning, I remembered that our new district manager is coming to our store for the first time today and my boss requested that we all dress "professionally and fashionably"-whatever that means.

I don't think I'm super fashionable, but not unfashionable either. I got some new clothes with Christmas money and have a few things that are more trendy and young than I normally wear so I threw one on this morning.

As I was standing in the mirror, thinking about how cute I thought I looked, the following happened:

Bella-"You're not really gonna wear that, are you?"
Me-"Wait, what?"
"Are you really wearing that? I don't think you should. I don't like it and I wouldn't wear it."
"Um, I thought I looked cute. And it's new. And I'm supposed to look fashionable today."
"I really don't like the colors."
"But it's cream and gray. Everyone likes that. And I really like gray."
"I'm not saying you have to wear all pink. Just that you shouldn't wear that."

Thanks for the advice.

No comments: